Topics

locked PC Panadapter using G90 I/Q output.

Aldrich Sarmiento

Good morning dear colleagues. I comment the following:

Step 1: I manufactured an audio ground loop isolator which I installed on the I / Q output of the G90, then connected it to the microphone input of an audio card with stereo mic which is connected via USB to my laptop.

Step 2: I connected the USB cable / plug that came with the device (the one we use to update the firmware). The cable is connected on the one hand to the G90 and on the other to a USB port of the laptop.

Step 3: I set up two softwares (SDR Sharp and HDSDR) with what I read in some posts of this group.

Comment 1: In SDRSharp I can see the waterfall without problems (except that I see a dark line to the center). I can click on any signal I see and zoom and decode it. But the software doesn't read the frequency of the G90 (at least I don't know how I could do it).

Comment 2: In HDSDR I can see the waterfall without problems (except that I see a dark line to the center). I can see the frequency in which the radio is and I can change it (just as I can also change the frequency in the radio and it automatically changes in the HDSDR).
BUT, when I click on a signal it moves all dial so that the signal I click is placed in the center (where the dark line is). That prevents me from adjusting the signal listening well.
Reading because different signals cannot be clicked without everything moving, I found that I should install an ExtIO.dll that works with my transceiver so that the HDSDR can handle it well. I don't know what ExtIO.dll to use to make it work. A couple that downloaded from there have not worked for me.

QUESTIONS:
1. How do I remove the dark line from the center of the waterfall screen?
2. What ExtIO.dll should I use to properly handle the computer?

Sorry for the english
73 OA4ASD

John H. Long Jr.

Do you have examples (pictures) of the waterfall?

John H. Long Jr.
KW7A
1370 N 150 E
Nephi, UT 84648
USA

(435) 888-LONG

[...]

Chris Chatelain

no ExtIO.dll is required because it's using the standard sound card input method. ExtIO is for external devices that have their own I/Q outputs over some other protocol that is not using sound cards, such as the RTL-SDR and the AirSpy SDRs.

Try ferrite beads around all cables going to and from the radio to the computer or usb device. It helped deal with some of the lines for me.

--Chris

Aldrich Sarmiento

Yes. This image corresponds to the CW portion of the 40m band. With few stations at that time.

The next image is zooming to a portion of the spectrum.